Chocolate Buckwheat Pancakes
Chocolate cake is what’s up for breakfast. Put down your judgement, grab some buckwheat flour and the best cocoa powder you can get your hands on and make. these. pancakes. We love serving them with toasted hazelnuts and a syrup made from equal parts melted butter and honey, but no one here is going to pass judgement on Nutella as a substitute.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa powder + 1 tsp
- 1 cup Buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup All purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1-1/4 cups Buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp Finely chopped chocolate optional
- 2 Tbsp Melted butter
- 2 Tbsp Melted butter clarified butter or Ghee is best here
- Place the flours, sugar, salt, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk, butter, egg and optional chocolate. Using a fork, whisk up the egg and begin gathering the dry ingredients. Mix this only until just combined, adding 1/4 cup more milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Let the batter rest while you heat up your skillet. Drop in a few teaspoons of the melted (clarified is best) butter and turn it to medium high. Once hot, drop the batter in and wait until the sides firm up and look cooked before flipping. Cook only for a few seconds on the other side before plating.
- Serve with chocolate sauce, ice cream, caramel, or the above-mentioned honey syrup.