Over the past several weeks, The Gourmandise School has been carefully monitoring the information, advice and guidelines regarding COVID-19 from the Centers for Disease Control, as well our own Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. The Gourmandise School has temporarily suspended in-person classes, though is currently offering online classes and workshops.
We have always diligently followed strict local public health guidelines and have been driven by the overarching priority of ensuring the health and safety of our wonderful students and each member of our Gourmandise Team. Together as a community we can do our part to help stop the spread of this virus, along with others like the common cold and influenza.The following outlines The Gourmandise School’s best practices and guidelines for our staff and students to ensure a clean, sanitized environment which includes our kitchens, retail shop, prep-kitchen and offices.
- Surfaces (e.g. desks, tables, counters) and objects (e.g. telephones, keyboards, kitchen utensils, knifes, etc.) are wiped with Registered Antimicrobial Disinfectant Products regularly throughout the day, before, during and after each class
- Our employees are required to wash their hands thoroughly consistently throughout the day
- There are hand-sanitizing dispensers throughout the Gourmandise School – students and staff are highly encouraged to use them often
- We have displayed posters promoting proper handwashing and guidelines at each sink throughout the school
- Students are asked to wash their hands before class, when returning to the kitchen from a break or from the restroom, and encourage to wash their hands after the class has ended
- Until further notice, we ask that our employees not handle their personal cell phones when onsite, and ask that our students remain vigilant about washing their hands after they have handled their devices
- We have encouraged our employees to stay home if they, or a close family member, is not feeling well or is sick
Please note that we do not offer refunds for classes purchased, but honor a 48-hour cancellation policy. If you cancel your class before 48 hours, you will receive a class credit for the amount you paid in your account. We are a reservation-based school, and our classes require purchasing of ingredients and adequate staffing ahead of time, which is based on class attendance.
Class credits are not valid for Gift Certificates, Private Events or Merchandise.
Given the current COVID-19 crisis, we had been required by the state of California to halt classes in the school temporarily. This has put a considerable strain on our employees and our operation. If your class has been cancelled due to government regulations, you will receive an account credit for the full amount of the class you were registered. We will not be issuing refunds for cancelled classes.
Please reach out to us if you have any concerns or questions. We look forward to having you come, learn and create wonderful things at The Gourmandise School!
Claire, Clemence and Sabrina