Title: Front Desk Associate
The Gourmandise School
Summary of Job
The main duties are to manage the front of the house and conduct general administrative work at the cooking school during business hours. This person will warmly greet customers and registered students. They will also oversee the day-to-day maintenance of the retail store front and process purchases. Other administrative work includes answering phone calls, responding to emails and keeping the front desk organize and efficiently run.
- Open and close the storefront according to procedures.
- Handle the purchase transaction through our POS system, including counting the cash at opening and closing.
- Prepare and maintain the retail component of the storefront, and keep storefront clean and tidy.
- Prepare and receive all guests and students coming in for classes according to procedures.
- Monitor and handle all inquires that come in via phone, email and walk-ups.
- Collaborate with other Receptionists to hand-off and exchange information as needed for matters that cross-over shifts.
- Receive and store deliveries.
- Report any retail inventory and office supply needs.
- Report and advise on issues that arise in the school when management is not present.
- Assist management with filing system.
- Positive attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Highly organized
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Time management
- Takes initiative
- Commitment to quality
This job operates in the storefront of a fast-paced commercial kitchen located in a shopping mall. You will work both alone and with other administrative personnel at the reception desk, and be responsible for multi-tasking and handling several situations at the same time. There are a few different receptionists and it is important to have strong communication with them and the Co-Owners to make sure the transfer of information from one shift or day to another goes smoothly and that things do not fall through the cracks. The receptionist often must deal with disappointed or unreasonable customers and must do their best to listen to their concerns, and have good decision-making to respond to them fairly in an effort to make them feel satisfied with the outcome of any issue as best they can.
- Computer proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to deal with difficult customers, and handle multiple customers, and conversations at the same time.
- Pleasant and friendly with customers on phone, email and in store-front.
Previous office or reception experience is preferred.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Preferred hours are Monday – Thursday 9am – 4pm, but some flexibility.