Title: Retail Sales Associate
Our cooking school and gift shop in Santa Monica is looking for a Retail Sales Associate responsible for handling daily sales activities in our store front, and the daily administrative tasks for our online cooking school.
Responsibilities include ringing up sales, receiving inventory, stocking floor with merchandise, gift wrapping, greeting customers, answering questions, offering assistance, suggesting items, lending opinions and providing product information.
You will also be handling phone calls and emails of customers, students and people interested in our online cooking classes. This involved assisting with class registration, handling cancellations, gift certificates and answering general questions.
Retail Sale Associate must process payments by totaling purchases; processing checks, cash and store or other credit cards. Must also be able to deal with customer refunds courteously and professionally. Maintains a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting store’s commitment to our customer. Develops product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets and attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer. Stays current with promotional events and sales.
We are practicing all safety guidelines from the state and local officials. There are no more than 6 customers allowed in the store at a time. All employees and customers are required to wear masks. More information available upon request.
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Proficient in verbal and written English language
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Good telephone etiquette
- Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business
- Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision
- Physical demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders
- Enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service
- Available to work a variety of hours, which may include mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Computer proficient in: Word, Excel, Google Suite, our reservation system, Square POS.
- Customer Service
- Product Knowledge
- Basic Math
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Team Player
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
Previous sales and/or reception experience is preferred.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position.
Monday – Tuesday: 11am-7pm
Saturday- Sunday: 10am – 3pm