JOB DESCRIPTION: Kitchen Aid
The Kitchen Aid plays a support role for the Chef/Instructor and kitchen staff during our cooking classes and/or private events. This role also serves as a general support role for management on small projects and can involve assisting with classes, events, administration, kitchen organization, facilities maintenance, and our retail shop.
- Preparing all ingredients and setting the kitchen with the necessary equipment for the class or event.
- Report to the Chef and working closely with them to assist by anticipating their needs and the needs of guests.
- Clean and sanitize the kitchen area in coordination with Chef and Dish Washer as needed to prepare for the next phase of the event, including removing all dirty materials.
- Dishwashing when needed.
- Act as a runner or busser delivering needed items and ingredients to the classroom, or helping bus items to the dish room.
- Assisting the shopper with inventory organization.
- Maintain cleaning and safety standards as directed.
- Help with storage organization and other projects when needed.
- Fulfilling ingredient inventory for the retail shop.
- Packing out ingredient boxes for off-site classes and events.
- Other duties as directed.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Previous kitchen experience in a commercial kitchen is preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to approximately 35 pounds.
- General knowledge of a kitchen, kitchen equipment and food & produce basics.
- High energy, and ability to hustle.
- Positive attitude.
- Team-player oriented.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Good time management.