Let us host your next private event and leave the work to us! Come join us for an unforgettable culinary experience where you’ll create delicious dishes with the guidance of a private chef. All events are hands-on where guests are split into smaller groups to whip up a delicious meal from start to finish. Guests make every item on the pre-selected menu then enjoy a sit down meal in the kitchen! All you need is your appetite. If your group enjoys some friendly competition, we are happy to include a secret ingredient challenge sparking extra creativity and communication between the guests!
Select a menu from our wide range of options (Pages 3 – 7) OR create a custom menu with the guidance of our event director. Once you select your menu (we work with all dietary restrictions and allergies) your work is done!
Upon arrival guests are greeted by the Chef and given aprons and recipes. We provide a cheese platter to snack on throughout the cooking process, and any non-alcoholic beverages your group would like available. All classes are BYOB, so feel free to bring in your own wine or beer to enjoy while you cook your way to a delicious dining experience, no corkage fee! For convenience, you can purchase a glass/bottle of wine or beer at The Curious Palate restaurant next door to us. You can also order ahead from services such as BevMo delivery, Postmates, or Saucy.
We are a full service cooking school. Your event costs cover the chef, assistants, kitchen rental, ingredients, stemware, and all support staff. We can accommodate up to 50 guests. Events are 3 hours long, and should you wish to have a longer event please inquire for rates.
Contact us with any questions, and to book your event.
* All pricing is dependent on number in party and menu selection.
In Home Events start at $1500 for up to 10 guests
Tier 1 Menu Pricing
- $1200 for up to 12 guests *
- Each additional guest over first 12 = $95pp
Example:. Group of 15 guests
$1200 + $285 ($95 x 3) = $1485
Tier 2 Menu Pricing
- $1500 for up to 12 guests *
- Each additional guest over first 12 = $110pp
Example: Group of 15 guests
$1500 + $330 ($110 x 3) = $1830
- For all groups over 25 guests, there is a surcharge of $450 for an additional chef instructor.
- Custom gift bags are available for your group for an additional charge. Please inquire with event director for culinary gift bag options and fees.
- ALL PARTIES OVER 20 GUESTS INCUR A $150 GRATUITY.
- Parties Under 20 Guests
- Gratuity is not required and is at your discretion. Our instructors and kitchen assistants work extra hard to ensure your event flows smoothly and all your needs are taken care of. We suggest a $20 gratuity for each assistant and dishwasher helping your event.
* Pricing is for parties between 7 – 12 guests. For smaller groups of 6 and under please inquire with event director for pricing.
Tier 1 Menus
1 – FRESH PASTA WORKSHOP
- Fresh ricotta cheese
- Handmade ravioli alla checca – Spring/Summer Menu
- Butternut squash tortellini with sage and brown butter – Winter/Fall Menu
- Arugula salad with artichoke hearts and pesto vinaigrette
- Butterscotch budino with sea salt
2 – ITALIAN TRATTORIA
- Potato gnocchi with porcini mushroom sauce
- Italian greens with shaved Parmesan, and pistachio pesto dressing
- Chicken Madeira scaloppini OR Tuscan tri tip
- White bean bruschetta with lemon gremolata
- Olive oil cake
2 – ITALIAN TRATTORIA
- Classic pizza margarita with garlic confit
- Prosciutto and arugula pizza
- Roasted tomato focaccia
- Chopped salad
- Classic Italian panna cotta
11 – FRENCH MACARONS
- Vanilla bean macarons
- Green tea (matcha) macarons
- Espresso macarons
- Milk chocolate ganache
- Salted Caramel
12 – RUSTIC FRENCH DESSERTS
- Apple tarte tatin
- Chocolate mousse with candied almonds
- Profiteroles with caramel ice cream and silky glaze
13 – SEASONAL PIES
- Choose from a wide variety of seasonal pies, and learn how to make the most delicious flakiest crust
Tier 2 Holiday Menus
HOLIDAY MENUS (Available October – January)
1 – CLASSIC HOLIDAY ROAST
- Classic Rib Roast with Black Currant Glaze
- Winter Greens Salad with Pomegranate
- Roasted Root Vegetable Medley
- Mushroom Risotto
- Butterscotch Budino with Flaked Sea Salt
2 – TRADITIONAL PORK ROAST
- Holiday Porchetta Roast
- Roasted Squash with Brown Butter Sauce
- Fennel, Arugula & Citrus Salad
- Baked Polenta with Mushrooms
- Profiteroles with Bourbon Whipped Cream
3 – HOLIDAY HERB CHICKEN
- Holiday Herb Roasted Chicken
- Classic Scalloped Potatoes
- Winter Greens and Gorgonzola Salad
- Brussel Sprouts
- Grand Marnier Olive Oil Cake
Tier 2 Global Menus
1 – PARISIAN BISTRO
- Grilled Artichoke with Drawn Butter
- Steak au poivre
- Potato gratin and Tomato gratin
- Market greens with goat cheese, honey and walnuts
- Chocolate mousse
2 – SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN DINNER
- Fried chicken with hot pepper sauce
- Slow braised greens with bacon
- Cornbread with honey butter
- Classic banana pudding
3 – MEDITERRANEAN FEAST
- Zataar chicken skewers with date harissa
- Fattoush salad
- Roasted garlic hummus and baba ganoush
- Almond Cake
4 – SUSHI ROLL
- Spicy tuna rolls – cucumber rolls – California rolls
- Sunimono salad
- Matcha Ice Cream
5 – THAI SPICE
- Shrimp pad Thai
- Thai crunch salad
- Chicken panang curry and coconut scented rice
- Coconut Sorbet with Mangoes or other seasonal fruit
6 – THE TACO TRUCK
- Homemade Corn Tortillas
- Pico De Gallo
- Toppings: Grilled Veggies, Pickled Red Onion, Lime Cilantro Crema,
- Carne Asada OR Grilled Chipotle Shrimp
- Churros with Chocolate Dipping Sauce
7 – CHINESE TAKE OUT
- Wonton Soup
- Yangzhou Fried Rice
- Orange Chicken
- Chinese Almond Cookies
BEER and WINE
Guests are welcome to bring their own beer or wine or grab a glass or bottle from our neighbors The Curious Palate. If you would like to have wine delivered to the school prior to your event we are happy to coordinate the delivery with you. All glassware and wine keys are provided.
ALL PARTIES OVER 20 GUESTS INCUR A $150 GRATUITY.
Parties Under 20 Guests: Gratuity is not required and is at your discretion. Our instructors and kitchen assistants work extra hard to ensure your event flows smoothly and all your needs are taken care of. We suggest $20 gratuity for each assistant and dishwasher helping your event.
Make your event extra delicious by choosing from one of our custom culinary Gift Bags for our assortment of cookware available in the store. Please let us know if you would like us to create a custom gift bag for your group.
SECURING YOUR RESERVATION
Your event date must be reserved with a 50% non-refundable deposit, with the balance due 48 hours prior to your event. Payments can be made over the phone with a credit card.
Parking for The Gourmandise School is available in Garages 7 & 8 at the Santa Monica Place Shopping Center. The first 90 minutes are free; $1 for the next hour and $2 for each additional 30 minutes, with a $20 daily maximum. Valet parking is available on 2nd Street between Colorado & Broadway.
We do not offer refunds. A final headcount is required 48 hours prior to all private events. After initial booking, a change of date is subject to a $100 change fee.
Please select menu within 10 days of booking. If you book event less than 10 days out, menu selection must be done 5 days in advance.
10 rev. August 2018
TIMING AND DELAYS
Each 30 minutes the class is delayed by no fault of The Gourmandise School, there will be an additional charge of $100. Evening events cannot stay later than 1 hour after their scheduled end time.
Please let us know any questions you have. We look forward to hosting a memorable event for you!
The Gourmandise School