Get cooking with your family and friends in our state-of-the-art commercial style kitchens. You’ll join us for 1.5 – 2.5 hours of cooking your meal from scratch and then enjoying your delicious dishes you’ve created. Before we get started, see below our latest information on how we are working to ensure your safety as we re-enter in person events.
How It Works
- Pick a menu from the selection below.
- Pick a date: flexible scheduling available, we can accommodate you!
- Your fully interactive event experience will be led by your Chef instructor.
- Guests will work in pairs to cook everything on your menu from start to finish.
- Sit down in our spacious kitchens to enjoy the meal you have prepared.
Contact us with any questions, and to book your event.
AT THE GOURMANDISE SCHOOL
Our staff is here to make your experience the best it can be and maintain a safe and clean workspace for all guests.
- All Gourmandise staff has been fully vaccinated for the COVID – 19 virus.
- All staff must wash hands with soap and warm water before every shift, after eating or drinking, after using the restroom, and often throughout their shift.
- Though vaccinated, face coverings are worn by all staff members while in the kitchen or retail space.
- No eating or drinking by the staff is allowed while in the kitchens.
Our state-of-the-art commercial style kitchens are cleaned diligently by our staff and kept to health code standards. The open floorplan makes for a well-ventilated environment with ample room for social distancing.
- Surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant every 90-minutes throughout the day when kitchens are in use.
- Dishes and utensils are washed with antibacterial soap and sanitized after each use.
- Kitchens are sanitized between each event with minimum 1 hour between groups.
- Where applicable, we are following the LA County protocols for safety and sanitation for COVID-19.
With the limitation of government regulation on proof of vaccination with regards to COVID-19, for events which are private, and for the safety of our staff and guests, for the time being, we are requiring ONE of the following:
- Proof of vaccination and identification for each event guest in each party.
- Proof that all guests are in the same household.
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 48 hours of event.
If ONE of the above 3 requirements cannot be met by all guests, masks must be worn for the duration of your event while not actively eating or drinking.
As LA County progresses to the next tier, we will continue to follow the guidelines that apply to us.
- Events have a maximum guest count of 20 people per kitchen (40 total)
- In your event, guests will work in pairs
- Guests will be asked to complete a COVID-19 self-assessment before coming into the school and if feeling any symptoms, asked to stay home.
- Guests will be asked to sign a waiver prior to arrival at the school.
- Upon arrival to the kitchen you will be guided to wash your hands and sanitize before putting on your freshly laundered apron at your station.
* All pricing is dependent on number in party and menu selection.
- Private events start at $1200 for up to 10 guests. Each additional person is an additional $95 with a maximum of 24 guests.
- A 50% deposit is due at booking based on your estimated headcount. Final headcount and balance are due 48 hours prior to your event.
|BAKING MENUS||COOKING MENUS|
|COOKIES & BROWNIES |
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Brown Sugar Brownies
Rustic Tomato Sauce
Arugula Salad w/ Lemon Vinaigrette
Berry Vanilla Pana Cotta
|FRENCH MACARONS |
Classic Almond Shells
Handmade Potato Gnocchi
Salad with Dill Vinaigrette
|FRENCH BISTRO |
Steak au Poivre
Butter Lettuce Salad
Vanilla Pot De Creme
Red Curry Long Beans
Grilled Skewers with Chili Lime Dipping Sauce
Vegetable Pad Thai
Nun Bananas in Coconut Milk
Chicken & Chive Potstickers
Pork Shu Mai
Soy Vinegar Dipping Sauce
Veggie Stir Fry
Classic Almond Cookies
BEER and WINE
Guests are welcome to bring their own beer or wine or grab a glass or bottle from our neighbors The Curious Palate. If you would like to have wine delivered to the school prior to your event we are happy to coordinate the delivery with you. All glassware and wine keys are provided.
ALL PARTIES OVER 20 GUESTS INCUR A $150 GRATUITY.
Parties Under 20 Guests: Gratuity is not required and is at your discretion. Our instructors and kitchen assistants work extra hard to ensure your event flows smoothly and all your needs are taken care of. We suggest $20 gratuity for each assistant and dishwasher helping your event.
Make your event extra delicious by choosing from one of our custom culinary Gift Bags for our assortment of cookware available in the store. Please let us know if you would like us to create a custom gift bag for your group.
SECURING YOUR RESERVATION
Your event date must be reserved with a 50% non-refundable deposit, with the balance due 48 hours prior to your event. Payments can be made over the phone with a credit card.
Parking for The Gourmandise School is available in Garages 7 & 8 at the Santa Monica Place Shopping Center. The first 90 minutes are free; $1 for the next hour and $2 for each additional 30 minutes, with a $20 daily maximum. Valet parking is available on 2nd Street between Colorado & Broadway.
We do not offer refunds. A final headcount is required 48 hours prior to all private events. After initial booking, a change of date is subject to a $100 change fee.
Please select menu within 10 days of booking. If you book event less than 10 days out, menu selection must be done 5 days in advance.
rev April 2021
TIMING AND DELAYS
Each 30 minutes the class is delayed by no fault of The Gourmandise School, there will be an additional charge of $100. Evening events cannot stay later than 1 hour after their scheduled end time.
Please let us know any questions you have. We look forward to hosting a memorable event for you!
The Gourmandise School
VIRTUAL PRIVATE EVENT
Get cooking with your friends, family, or co-workers from the comfort of your own home! You’ll join us for 1.5 – 2 hours of cooking and have an extra 30 minutes to enjoy your meal over zoom with one another.
HOW IT WORKS
- Pick a menu from below options.
- Pick a date! Flexible scheduling available, we can accommodate you!
- Guests will receive class outline with shopping list and recipes.*
- Zoom link will be emailed to organizer to distribute to guests.
- Fully interactive event experience led by the Chef Instructor to answer questions.
- Zoom will stay live after cooking is over so guests can enjoy their meals together.
*Want to make this even easier for your guests? Ask us about how Gourmandise can source the ingredients for your guests by calling or emailing us.
VIRTUAL PRIVATE EVENT PRICING
Private events start at $500 for up to 15 zoom accounts. Each additional zoom account is an additional $20 per account. Ingredients are not supplied. Ingredient lists and recipes are emailed to the organizer of the event once the event menu is chosen. For cooking menus, if you would like dessert included there is a $50 flat fee added. Ingredient lists and recipes are emailed to the organizer of the event once the event menu is chosen.
For cooking menus, if you would like dessert included there is a $50 flat fee added. Ingredient lists and recipes are emailed to the organizer of the event once the event menu is chosen.
RUSTIC TOMATO SAUCE
ARUGULA FENNEL CITRUS SALAD
BERRY VANILLA PANA COTTA*
HANDMADE POTATO GNOCCHI
BROWN BUTTER & SAGE SAUCE
SALAD WITH DILL VINAIGRETTE
OLIVE OIL CAKE*
|FRENCH BISTRO |
STEAK AU POIVRE
ENDIVE AND RADISH SALAD
FRENCH APPLE CAKE*
LONG BEANS WITH RED CURRY PASTE
GRILLED SKEWERS WITH CHILI LIME DIPPING SAUCE VEGETABLE PAD THAI
|CHINESE TAKEOUT |
CHICKEN & CHIVE POTSTICKERS
SOY VINEGAR DIPPING SAUCE
VEGGIE STIR FRY
CLASSIC ALMOND COOKIES*
|COOKIES & BROWNIES |
CLASSIC CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
BROWN SUGAR BROWNIES!
|FRENCH MACARONS |
CLASSIC ALMOND SHELLS