Quiche Lorraine Scones
Servings: 8 scones
Ok, so there aren’t any eggs in these scones, but we are in love with the quiche combo of cheese and bacon! If you can’t find the classic cubed pork fat pieces called lardons, you can sub them out with cubed pancetta or cut cubes from a piece of slab bacon.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1- 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (we use Grist & Toll's hard white) 200g
- 1-1/4 cups bread flour 160g
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 oz Gruyere, divided 112g
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche 120g
- 2 cups heavy cream 480g
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, salt and pepper. Stir in half of the cheese and all of the lardons.
- Add the crème fraiche and cream all at once, mixing with a wooden spoon or spatula until just combined. Flour your work surface and dump the dough onto it. Using floured hands, gently press into an 8″ round circle. Cut in half, then in again until you have 8 triangles.
- Place the scones on a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for about 20 minutes, or just until golden.