These one-bowl, brown-butter, choc-full-of-mixins blondies get a flavor boost from brown butter (Chef Carol’s tutorial is over here).Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 lb Butter
- 2 cups Dark brown sugar or Muscovado
- 2 cups Light brown sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 3 cups All purpose flour
- 1 cup Whole grain Spelt flour
- 10 oz Milk and dark chocolate pieces
- 1 cup Chopped nuts any kind you like!
- 1 Tbsp Flaked sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place the butter in a large saucepan and brown! You want to do this over low heat- it might take up to 10 minutes, but do not stir. Once the butter has melted, the white milk solids that float on top will begin to sink down and caramelize (check out the step by step link to our tutorial on the link above).
- Once browned, pour the butter in a large bowl. Whisk in the sugar and let stand for a couple of minutes for the mixture to cool. Whisk in the eggs and salt.
- Chop up the chocolate and nuts, reserving 1/3 of it for the top of the blondies. Fold the 2/3 of of mix-ins and flour into the butter mixture.
- Line a half sheet pan (aka rimmed cookie sheet, also known as a jelly roll pan) with parchment paper. Spread the batter over the parchment and top with reserved chocolate and nuts. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt and bake for about 20-25 minutes.