BROWN SUGAR BROWNIES
Servings: 12 brownies
We took inspiration from Tartine’s super fudgy but not-fall-apart-y brownie recipes and gave it them a deeper, more butterscotchy flavor. This one-pot and one-bowl recipe is quick to put together and will yield a brownie tall enough to sink your teeth into. Not to mention so chocolatey you’ll need a even taller glass of milk to go with it. This recipe will make 1 8×8 square pan of brownies, feel free to cut them to whatever size you prefer.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 stick Butter 112g or 4oz
- 1 1/4 cups Brown sugar 246g
- 10.5 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped finely 300g
- 3 Eggs
- 2/3 cup All purpose flour 85g
- large pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8” x 8” square baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a medium sauce pot over medium low heat. Whisk until the butter has melted and brown sugar has dissolved (this step is what gives the brownies that deep, butterscotch flavor). Remove the pot from the heat once butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Whisk in the dark chocolate until melted.
- Pour this chocolate mixture into a medium-sized bowl and whisk in the eggs until a smooth batter forms (watch it magically go from slimy to homogenous in 10-12 strokes of your whisk)! Add the flour and salt and whisk until just combined.
- Pour batter into your lined pan and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the center is just set. Let these cool until room temperature and, if you can wait it out, freeze until firm (about 1 hour) to slice clean-edged brownies.