Makes 1 8×8" square pan of brownies.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 oz unsalted butter 56g
- 2/3 cup brown sugar 130g
- 5 oz bittersweet chocolate 140g
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour 40g
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup peanut butter of your choice 230g
- 2 oz butter 56g
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar 240g
- 1 oz unsalted butter 28g
- 2 oz dark chocolate 56g
- 2 oz chopped peanuts 56g
- 1 tsp sea salt for garnish
- Line an 8”x 8”square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a medium sauce pot over medium low heat, whisk until the butter has melted and brown sugar has dissolved (this step is what gives the brownies that deep, butterscotch flavor).
- Remove the pot from the heat and whisk in the dark chocolate until melted. Pour this chocolate mixture into a medium-sized bowl and whisk in the eggs until a smooth batter forms (watch it magically go from slimy to homogenous in 10-12 strokes of your whisk)! Whisk in the flour and salt until just combined.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Pour half of your batter into your lined pan and freeze until solid (about 30 minutes).
- While your brownie batter is chilling, make your filling by mixing together all ingredients.
- Spread the filling over the batter and smooth to make it even. Top with remaining brownie batter and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the center is just set. Let these cool until room temperature. While the brownies are cooling, melt the butter for your glaze in a small pot. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate and peanuts. Spread over cooled brownies. Sprinkle sea salt over the top. Chill to set before cutting.