Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar 300g
- 1/4 cup Water 60ml
- 2 Tbsp Butter 28g
- 1 tsp Fleur de sel 6g
- 1 cup Heavy cream 240ml
- 1 tsp Lemon juice 6ml
- 4-6 medium apples
- In a small saucepan, warm cream and remove from heat.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan combine sugar, water, and lemon juice. Cook until sugar dissolves. Boil undisturbed until a medium dark amber. Do not stir your sugar as it cooks. If spots are burning, you can tilt pan from side to side to move sugar around.
- Carefully add the cream, and return to a boil. Add the butter in pieces and salt.
- Stir until combined and slightly thickened. Cook until 245 F.
- Pour batch into a large bowl and let cool until 150 F.
- Insert lollipop stick or chopstick into cleaned apples. Dip cleaned apples in the caramel.
- Roll in nuts or treats. Set aside to let cool and set.