Caramelized Coconut Macaroons
Our sweet, sweet Chocolatier Ruth Kennison took a classic favorite and gave it anunorthodox treatment; you’ll need a sauté pan to bring the magic out of these macaroons and a locked cabinet to keep from eating them all.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 egg whites 120g
- 1-1/4 cups sugar 225g
- 2-1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp honey 65g
- 1/4 cup flour (or 1 extra egg white + 2 tbsps Matzoh cake meal-to make these flourless) 33g
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large sauté pan over low heat, stir with a wooden spoon your egg whites,sugar, salt, honey, coconut and flour.
- As soon as the mixture begins to caramelize, turn the heat off. Immediately addthe extract. Set aside to cool completely.
- Using a scoop or two spoons, place mounds at least 2 inches apart on a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 4-5 minutes. When cooled,feel free to dip in chocolate.