Chocolate Banana Bread
We give you our new masterpiece: a whole-grain-super-ripe-banana-triple-chocolate-doubles-as-breakfast cake. A loaf cake, perfect for a slight-bit sweet start to your day. Or dessert. Or a spongy pick-up for the caramel sauce you couldn’t quite get to with your ice cream spoon.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 Bananas super ripe*
- 3/4 cup Vegetable oil (we prefer olive oil) 150g
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract 5g
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar 300g
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 cup Whole wheat or grain flour + 2 tbsps, 140g
- 1/2 cup Chocolate pieces (or chips) 64g
- 1 tsp Salt 5g
- 2 tsp Baking Soda 10g
- 1 tsp Baking Powder 4g
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line 2 medium-sized loaf pans with parchment paper. You can also bake these in cupcake pans with liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk dry ingredients together. Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Toss the dry ingredients over the wet and mix until just combined. Pour into the pans and top, if desired, with pretzels. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.