Chocolate Chess Pie (aka the Chocolate Bomb)
This pie is dedicated to those students that, when asked what their favorite dessert is, feel torn between pie and chocolate. May this slice be with you always (as is our How to Blind Bake a Pie tutorial).Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Chocolate Chess Pie Filling- for a regular 9″ pie tin
- 2 ounces Unsalted butter 56g
- 2 ounces Dark chocolate (65% or higher) 56g
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk 130g
- 1-1/4 cups Sugar 250g
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa powder 20g
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Yolk
- Blind bake your crust using our step by step instructions (see above). Once the crust is golden, remove the pie from the oven and turn the heat down to 325F.
- Place the chocolate and butter together in a large bowl. Slowly melt them together over a double boiler, (just a pot filled halfway with water, simmering gently, y’all), stirring often. Remove the bowl from over the double boiler and whisk in the buttermilk.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients. Pour over the pie crust. Return to oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the center just begins to set.