Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Shortbread Cookies
Buttery shortbread cookies dipped in chocolate were always my go-to in any cookie tin.You can make these with any nut butter and chopped nuts and replace the dark chocolate with milk. We’ve used our favorite in-between Dark Milk from Tcho and a generous sprinkling of Maldon salt just after dipping.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 oz Salted butter 112g
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar 50g
- 1 Egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp Salted peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups All-purpose flour 166g
- 2 oz Dark chocolate 56g
- 1/2 tsp Coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp Salted roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp Flaked sea salt
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a hand-held mixer, cream the butter and sugar until lighter in color and noticeably fluffier. Beat in the peanut butter and egg yolk. Turn the mixer off, scrape and mix for another minute. Add the salt and flour and mix until just combined.
- Take a piece of parchment paper the size of a cookie sheet. Fold the paper in half and, using a rolling pin, roll the dough between the two pieces so that it covers all corners of the paper in an even layer. Place on a cookie sheet and chill until firm. This should take 20 minutes in the freezer.
- Heat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Peel back the top layer of parchment paper on the cookie dough. Cut cookies out with any cookie cutter and place a ½” apart on baking sheet. You can re-roll the scraps of cookie dough twice! It will help to chill the dough between rolls. Bake until just golden on the edges, about 8-12 minutes, depending on their size and your oven.
- While the cookies are baking, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl over a double boiler or in the microwave until most of the chocolate has melted.Remove from heat and continue to stir until all the chocolate is melted (this helps prevent the chocolate from melting). Chop the peanuts and set aside.
- Line your cooled baking sheet with parchment. Dip cooled cookies into the chocolate and shake off excess chocolate. Dip chocolate end immediately into the peanuts and place on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Once all the cookies have been dipped, chill them just until the chocolate sets.