Print Recipe Pin Recipe
CHOCOLATE GINGER BUNDT CAKE
- 9 or 10 inch bundt pan
- 8 oz unsalted butter 224g
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder 35g
- 1 cup water 240g
- 1 2/3 cup granulated sugar 330g
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or sour cream 115g
- 2 cups all purpose flour 240g
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate 84g
- 1/3 cup heavy cream 80g
- 10-12 pieces candied ginger
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Generously spray your Bundt pan with baking spray.
- Melt the butter with the ginger, half of the water and your cocoa powder in a medium sauce pot. Once butter is melted, add the remaining water and all your granulated sugar and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a bowl to cool for a moment. Whisk in the eggs and creme fraiche until smooth. Add in your dry ingredients (flour and baking soda) and stir until just combined.
- Pour into your prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. Cool for at least 20 minutes before inverting cake onto a cooling rack.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare your glaze.
- Melt the chocolate and cream over a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring continuously. When almost all melted, remove your glaze from the heat. Take care to remove it from the heat before it melts all the way to keep from burning!
- Pour glaze over the cooled cake and garnish with chopped candied ginger.