Chocolate Hazelnut Shortbreads
Give your cookie scooper a break this morning and grab your rolling pin- these delicate, melt in your mouth cookies are as flexible with their flavors as all the others. You can sub out the almond flour for ground up pistachios, add a touch of orange zest, bits of currants even!Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 10 ounces Butter 280g
- 1-1/2 cups Powdered Sugar 170g
- 1 cup Almond flour 95g
- 1/4 cup Hazelnuts 35g
- Handful Pieces of dark or milk chocolate
- 1 Egg
- 3 cups Flour 390g
- 1 tsp Salt 4g
- Place the hazelnuts and powdered sugar in the food processor and pulse until fine. Add the chocolate and pulse until these are thin shards.
- In the bowl of a stand or hand held mixer, cream the butter on its own until broken up and without chunks. Add powdered sugar mixture and mix until smooth.
- Add the egg and salt and mix until just combined. Add the flour and mix until it just comes together in a ball.
- Roll between two sheets of parchment paper until quite thin. Place this on a cookie sheet and into the freezer for 15-20 minutes (or several weeks if you’re planning ahead).
- Peel off the top parchment paper and cut out your cookies. Place these on a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 F until the side begin to brown.
These are delicate and flavorful enough to stand on their own, but sandwiched together with a little caramel or jam? Sinful!