Chocolate Pudding. Is the Bomb.
The Only Chocolate Pudding Recipe You'll Ever Want or Need!Some mornings, afternoons or evenings call for a treat you can pull together in 7 minutes. Get the ingredients out, grab a whisk, a pot and a handful of spoons and ignore the last step that calls for chilling the pudding before serving. Let’s go!Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch potato starch, rice starch or arrowroot starch work just as well
- 1-1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 cups Milk
- 4 Egg yolks
- 7 oz Dark chocolate *see variation below for Milk Chocolate Pudding
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bourbon or Whiskey (optional on all three fronts)
- Chop up the chocolate and set it aside.
- Place the sugar, starch and salt in a non-reactive pot (anything but aluminum, really). Slowly whisk in the milk, followed by the yolks.
- Turn the heat to medium and whisk continuously until it boils (a little over five minutes). Remove from heat and whisk in the chocolate and booze (again, this is optional) until smooth. Like buttah.
- Pour into individual serving cups, bowls, mugs or one big bowl. Eat warm or cool in the fridge to set for a thicker texture.
* Milk Chocolate Pudding variation: Use 1 cup of sugar and up the chocolate to 10 ounces. Proceed as directed.