Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Large loaf of brioche or challah sliced
- 2 oz Melted butter
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 4 Large apples peaches, pears- almost any fruit will work!
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1 tsp Any spice you desire cinnamon, cardamom, etc
- 1 tsp Kosher or flaked sea salt
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Arrange the bread in an even layer on cookie sheets and toast for 8-10 minutes, or until nicely toasted. Once cooled, pulse in a food processor.
- Place the breadcrumbs and melted butter in a large bowl, tossing with a large pinch of salt.
- Slice your fruit very thinly. Place in a large bowl and toss with remaining sugar, spices, salt and lemon juice.
- Grab a quarter sheet pan or 8”x8” baking pan and spread half the bread mixture on the bottom. Add fruit, top with remaining bread. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until fruit just begins to bubble.