Classic Blueberry (or any fruit) Buckle
Buckle your seat belts. We’re covered your dessert AND breakfast with a 30-minute, hands-off, use-your-favorite-fruit-fresh-or-frozen sheet pan cake. The crumble makes a great topping for muffins, and jam (or, wait for it- Nutella)! can also be used in place of fruit. Show us how you did it!bPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 3/4 cup All purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Almond flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Kosher or flaked sea salt
- 2 oz Butter melted
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Almond extract optional
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 2 cup Blueberries or any other fruit*
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 3/4 cup All purpose flour
- 2 oz Butter
- 1 tsp Kosher or flaked sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a quarter sheet pan or 8″x8″ square pan with parchment paper. * If using frozen fruit, be sure to leave it frozen until the time you sprinkle it over the batter.
- Whisk the melted butter, oil, sugar, egg, milk and salt in a large bowl. Whisk in the flours and baking powder.
- Pour mixture onto cookie sheet. Sprinkle with fruit, followed by crumble (see below), and bake for 20 minutes.
- Rub the butter into the dry ingredients until crumbles form. Crumble over the fruit and bake as directed above.