All you need to know is that this is a non-recipe. You can start by following it to a T, but jazzing it up with herbs and shallots is entirely up to you. I make a jar of this once a week and keep it on the counter, ready to shake and pour. We’ve tossed this with some gorgeous Myrna potatoes (orange flesh, tender and buttery, boiled whole until tender and cut into quarters) and added a tablespoon of minced tarragon and a bit of extra salt.
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Kosher salt (a little less if using fine sea salt)
- 2 Tbsps Apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsps Sherry or white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 Tbsps Finely minced shallots (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk all of your ingredients except for the oil.
- Slowly drizzle the oil in while whisking until you get an even dressing. Store on the counter for 3-5 days (we leave the shallots out if not using it immediately).