Dak Galbi (Chicken with Gochujang and Rice Cakes)
This super-quick chicken dish looks as good as it tastes and makes for great party food. You’ll want to hit a Korean market for some of these ingredients, check out Chef May’s list of favorite markets in the L.A. area in our Korean BBQ blog post..Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Dak Galbi (Chicken with Gochujang and Rice Cakes). Serves 4
- 1 lb Boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb Korean rice cakes sticks, soaked in hot water
- 2 cups green cabbage Chopped
- 8 Perilla leaves sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 Small onion sliced
- 1 Sweet potato thinly sliced into semi circles
- 1/4 cup Water
- A bit of toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Combine sauce ingredients (see below). Toss chicken with the sauce.
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a medium-sized skillet. Add the chicken and spread it in an even layer. Top with vegetables and drained rice sticks. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the bottom of the chicken is brown. Toss everything together, add the water, and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste a sweet potato for doneness.
- Toss in more sliced perilla leaves to the chicken and vegetables. Mound on Perilla leaves and serve garnished with sesame seeds.