Earth Shakin’ Blondies
These blondies are a mess and we love them for it. Serving requirements include chocolate glaze (recipe below), a scoop of ice cream and several spoons digging in. Bake the batter in one pan or in a series of mugs for a greater ratio of crust to obey gooey goodness.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 sticks Butter 224g
- 1-1/2 cups Brown sugar 230g
- 1/2 cup Sugar 100g
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking soda 4g
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder 1g
- 1-3/4 cups All purpose flour 225g
- 1/2 cup Whole wheat flour 65g
- 1 tsp Salt 4g
- 1 cup Chopped chocolate pieces 170g
- Cream the butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or with a hand-held mixer. A wooden spoon, a strong arm and heavy bowl will also do the trick. Beat until lighter in color.
- Add the eggs and salt, then beat until smooth (use a whisk to add the eggs if doing this by hand).
- Add the chocolate and nuts (if using).
- Toss in the flour, baking soda and baking powder and mix until just combined.
- Line an 8 x 8″ cake pan with parchment paper. We like to cut two pieces and cross them so that there’s a bit of an overhang; this will make getting the brownies out of the pan much easier.
- Press batter in as evenly as you can and bake at 350°F until golden on the edges. Cool.
- Make a chocolate glaze by melting 6 ounces of chocolate (a half bag, if using chocolate chips) with 4 ounces of butter.
- Crack the middle of the blondies and pour the glaze in.