Let’s talk construction. Iced cookies need to lay flat, have a nice snap and taste buttery all at the same time. Most of the gingerbread cookies we’ve come across either spread too much or end up too dry once firm enough to ice, so we’ve taken our favorite homemade graham recipe and grated in some fresh ginger for the perfect match. Oh snap!Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Ginger Graham Cut Outs
- 6 ounces Butter 168g
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar 112g
- 2-1/2 Tbsps Honey 56g
- 1-1/4 cups All purpose flour 162g
- 1/3 cup Whole wheat flour 45g
- 1/4 tsp Ginger Freshly grated
- 1/2 tsp Salt 2g
- 2 tsps Cinnamon 8g
- Cream the butter, brown sugar and honey until light and creamy.
- Add the flours, salt, ginger and cinnamon and mix until just combined.
- Roll between two sheets of parchment paper until quite thin. Place this on a cookie sheet and into the freezer for 15-20 minutes (or several weeks if you’re planning ahead).
- Peel off the top parchment paper and cut out your cookies. Place these on a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 F until the side begin to brown. Cool before icing.