Ginger Molasses Cookies
Make these spicier with the addition of more fresh ginger! Top a few with a piece of milk chocolate just before baking. Mmmmm….Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 8 ounces Butter 224g
- 1 cup Sugar 200g
- 1/3 cup Molasses
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Flour 260g
- 3/4 tsp Baking soda 3g
- 1/4 tsp Salt 2g
- 2 tsp Ground ginger 8g
- 1 pinch ginger Freshly grated
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon 2g
- 1 pinch Orange zest
- Cream butter with the sugar until it looks fluffy.
- Add eggs and molasses and cream until smooth. Scrape the bowl well.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- Scoop your cookies and roll them in a coarse sugar (such as demarara) on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 until lightly golden brown on the edges.