Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Gingerbread Bars with Maple Glaze
- 6 oz unsalted butter 168g
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar 338g
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger add 1/4 tsp fresh grated ginger for more zing
- 1 oz butter 28g
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar 120g
- Heat oven to 350F and line an 8”x8” square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or with a hand-held mixer in a deep bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until noticeably lighter and fluffier. Add the eggs, salt and vanilla and mix until smooth. Fold in the flour and ginger until just combined.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes, or until just starting to crackled on the edges. Cool completely before drizzling glaze on top.
- Melt butter and pour into a medium bowl. Whisk in the maple syrup and powdered sugar. Once cooled, drizzle glaze over cooled base.