This classic holiday cookie gets its punch from fresh ginger and molasses. You can add a variety of other spices to kick it up a notch, from cardamom to nutmeg.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2-2/3 cup Flour 2-1/4 for thinner crisps
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Freshly grated ginger
- 8 ounces 2 sticks Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 2 tsp Vegetable oil
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp Coarse sugar such as organic granulated or Turbinado
- Cream the butter, sugar and molasses in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or in the bowl of a hand-held mixer until light and creamy. Add the eggs and oil and cream until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt and mix until just combined.
- Scoop balls of dough into the coarse sugar and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. Bake at 350F until just barely golden on the edges. Cool on the cookie sheets and lift off once cooled