Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Servings: 16 x 3″ cookies
Who knew that you didn't need any kind of flour to make these delicious, chewy-on-the-inside-but-crisp-on-the-outside peanut butter cookies?!? This has become one of our favorite go-to recipes when we have 5 minutes to prep (and a just a few more to stare into the oven as we wait for these magic little discs of joy). Chef Cecilia’s talents can be found in the pastry cases at Lincoln and Little Flower restaurants in Pasadena, where she and owner Christine Moore have long made their gluten free customers smile with their many gf offerings. Their recipes have always focused on healthy, delicious whole grains and seeds, blended together to create perfect textures without the use of gums. You can find some of their recipes in Little Flower Baking, one of our very favorite baking books!Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Maldon sea salt for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream peanut butter and both sugars together until combined on low speed for 1 minute. Scrape bowl well with rubber spatula.
- Add egg and continue to mix on low speed until combined. Scrape bowl well. Add vanilla extract and baking soda on low speed until combined.
- Use portion scoop to portion dough into 1 1/2” balls and place them onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Gently press each ball flat with palm of hand to resemble a hockey puck.
- Freeze overnight or chill until firm, at least one hour. Frozen cookie dough will keep in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Place cookies onto sheet pan with 3” spacing in between. Sprinkle Maldon salt on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 8 minutes, rotate pan, and bake for 7 more minutes. Cookies will spread and crack. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet before picking up and getting your cookie on.