Chef May makes this crazy-delicious dish in her Shared Plates class and when she’s entertaining a crowd in her backyard. Don’t have a grill? Grab a cast iron grill pan and heat it over medium high to do this indoors. Plan on two skewers per person and assemble a day ahead to save time!
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 ½ cups cilantro leaves
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tsps sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- About 8 bamboo skewers soaked in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound Spanish chorizo, cut into 1”pieces
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- In a food processor, coarsely chop garlic, cilantro, parsley, and chili flakes.
- Add remaining mojo ingredients and purée.
- Taste and adjust the flavors with more salt, vinegar, etc. to taste.
- Skewer shrimp through the head and tail, alternating with sausage. Try to skewer the ingredients so they lay as flat as possible. Coat with a bit of olive oil and season the shrimp with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Grill a few minutes on each side or until shrimp is cooked and chorizo is seared.
- Serve with Mojo.
Keywords: Chorizo Shrimp Grill Skewers