Grilled Peach, Ricotta and Honey
Hands-down, this is our favorite summer dessert. You can make the ricotta yourself, but subbing it out for store-bought, whole milk yogurt or ICE CREAM are all work valiantly.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 Peaches the best you can find
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup Ricotta yogurt or vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 cup Honey or 1 large piece of honeycomb
- Cut your peaches in half and remove the pit. Brush the open halves of the peaches with oil and crack pepper over them.
- Heat up a skillet, grill pan or BBQ for 2-3 minutes. Place the peach halves open side down on the pan and cook until just starting to fall apart.
- Spoon the ricotta onto four plates. Place the peach halves over the cheese (or ice cream…) and drizzle with honey or stud with honeycomb. Serve immediately.
Peaches, like most fruits, are drastically better when purchased from a farmers market than in a conventional grocery store. Tree fruits are sweeter the longer they stay on the tree, and the more delicate they are, the less they can travel. Buy yourself a tree or buy from a farmer and enjoy on the greatest pleasures known to summer.