Hazelnut Brown Butter Snowballs
Servings: 8 cookiesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 oz Unsalted butter 112g
- 1/3 cup Powdered sugar 40g
- 1/3 cup Toasted whole hazelnuts 50g
- 1 cup All purpose flour 120g
- 1 cup Powdered sugar, for dusting 120g
- Heat oven to 350F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brown the butter by melting it slowly in a small saucepot. Remove from heat once the butter just begins to turn a golden color. Pour into a medium sized bowl to cool slightly.
- Pulverize the powdered sugar, nuts, and flour together in a food processor until the nuts feel fine. Stir into the melted butter and mix until just combined. Let this sit and cool for a few minutes. Scoop onto cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes. Once your cookies have cooled for 10 minutes (but still warm to the touch), roll them in powdered sugar.