It’s Chess Buttermilk Pie
Relax, it’s jus’ pie. Follow our master pie crust recipe and blind bake it like you do for Pumpkin Pie, then make the easiest pie filling there ever was. Go!Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1-1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 Tbsp All purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp Potato or cornstarch
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg yolks
- 2 oz Melted butter 1/2 stick
- 3 tsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- a handful Chocolate pieces
- Bake your crust blind by using our instructions for blind baking pumpkin pie (see above).
- Remove the crust from the oven and let it cool about 10 minutes before removing the pie weights. Once removed, sprinkle the bottom of the crust with the chocolate (besides being delicious, this creates a nice little barrier to ensure that the bottom crust stays crisp). Turn the oven down to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together your eggs. Add the sugar, flour and salt and whisk well. Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture over the chocolate and bake about 45 minutes. Cool for at least 2 hours before serving.