KEY LIME PIE
This Key Lime classic will become one of your summer staples for years to come!Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 oz Butter 85g
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar 55g
- 1 Tbsp Honey 20g
- 1 cup All-purpose flour 125g
- 2 Tbsp Whole wheat flour 16g
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 oz Butter 28g, save for later to form graham cracker crumbs
KEY LIME FILLING
- 3 Egg yolks 90g
- 2/3 cup Freshly squeezed lime juice 160g
- 14 oz Sweetened condensed milk 1, 14oz can
- 1 cup Heavy cream, chilled 250g (optional for garnish)
- 2 Tbsps Powdered sugar
GRAHAM CRACKERS – makes enough for one 9" pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream the sugar, butter and honey with the paddle attachment of your stand mixer (or use softer butter and cream in a bowl with a wooden spoon). Add dry ingredients (flours, salt, and cinnamon) and mix until a dough forms.
- Roll out between two sheets of parchment paper to 1/4” thickness. Pull off the top sheet of parchment and prick the dough. Place on baking sheet and bake until darker brown on the edges.
- Once the cookies have cooled, break the large cracker into piece. Melt the 1oz butter and place the graham cracker pieces in a food processor. Pulse the crumbs until fine and slowly drizzle in the butter, adding only enough melted butter to just bind the crumbs when you squeeze in your hand (be careful reaching into the food processor)!
- Press the crumbs into your pie dish and return to the oven for about 5 minutes to crisp up the crust. Set aside while you make the pudding.
KEY LIME FILLING – makes enough to fill one 9" pie crust
- Whisk all the egg yolks, lime juice, and sweetened condensed milk together until smooth. Pour into prepared graham crust pie and bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes. Cool to room temperature and chill for a 2-3 hours to set.
- If desired, whip cream and powdered sugar together to soft peaks. Spoon or pipe onto chilled pie to garnish.