Print Recipe Pin Recipe
MATZO HAZELNUT TORTE
- 1 cup Toasted hazelnuts 120g
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar 100g
- 1/3 cup Powdered sugar 40g
- 1/4 cup Crushed matzo meal
- 7 oz Dark chocolate 200g
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 7 Egg whites 210g
- 1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
- 2 Tbsp Granulated sugar
- 4 oz Unsalted butter 112g
- 8 oz Semi-sweet or dark chocolate 224g
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line an 8’ or 9” cake pan with a circle of parchment paper on the bottom. Place the hazelnuts, sugar, matzo and chocolate in a food processor and blend until even and fine. Place this mixture into a large bowl.
- For the meringue, place the egg whites, salt and cream of tartar in a bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment and beat on high until you reach soft peaks. Slowly add the 2 Tbsp granulated sugar until just before stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of the meringue into the dry ingredients until they just start to combine. Add the remaining meringue, folding all while making sure not to deflate it, until it is just incorporated and no white streaks remain.
- Pour into prepared cake pan and bake for about 30 minutes. Let cool in the pan, unmold and dress with chocolate glaze.
- Melt both ingredients together over low heat. Pour over cooled torte.