Milk Bread Cinnamon Rolls with Yogurt Glaze
Servings: 9Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1/3 cup (80g) Heavy Cream
- 3/4 cup (160g) Milk
- 1 Each Egg Yolk
- 1-1/2 tsps Instant Yeast
- 2 Tbsps (32g) Granulated Sugar
- 2- ½ cups (320g) Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 ounces (56g) Butter
- 3/4 cup (168g) Brown Sugar
- 2 tsps Cinnamon
- ½ cup (112g) Whole Milk Yogurt
- 3 cups (360g) Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/8 of a bean, seeded
- 1 pinch Salt
- Whisk together in the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl if doing this by hand) your cream, milk, yolk, sugar and yeast.
- Add in the flour and salt and knead in the mixer for about 4 minutes or by hand for 6 minutes, or until the dough can be stretched a bit without tearing. Cover let rise for 1 hour.
- Line an 8”x8” square baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly flour your counter and gently scoop your dough onto the flour. Stretch or roll the dough into a rectangle, widest from left to right, that measures about 12” by 10”. Spread the filling all over the dough. Roll the dough upwards and away from your into a log. Once rolled up, cut the log of dough into 9 equal pieces. Place rolls into the baking pan, cover and proof for about 45 minutes or until the buns fill all of the pan.
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Once hot, bake the buns for about 30 minutes. Let them cool for at least 15 minutes before glazing.
- Melt the butter and stir into brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread the filling over the dough and roll up as directed.
- Whisk all of your ingredients together until smooth. Spread on warm buns!