Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1/3 Cup Straus organic heavy cream 80g
- 3/4 Cup Straus whole milk 180g
- 1 1/2 tsp Instant yeast 4g
- 2 Tbsp Sugar 24g
- 1 Egg yolk
- 2 2/3 Cup Bred flour 325g
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 Egg beaten with a pinch of salt
- Place the cream, milk, sugar and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add the yolk, flour and salt and mix for 3-5 minutes on medium speed, or until you can see the window pane test when stretching the dough from side to side.
- Let this dough rise, covered, for 1 hour at room temperature or 8 hours in the fridge (and replace the instant yeast with active dry for longer rise).
- Once the dough looks like it has expanded by about 50%, it's time to shape!
- Dinner rolls: Divide the dough into 8 or 9 pieces and shape them by cupping your hand and rubbing each ball on the counter. Place them seam-side down into a lightly greased pie tin or 8"x8" cake pan (or medium cast iron skillet, or small cookie sheet…). Let these rise for 1 hour at room temperature or 8 hours in the fridge. Preheat oven to 350o F, egg wash and bake for about 25 minutes, or until you reach a lovely golden color.
- Sandwich loaf: Roll out or stretch your dough into a rectangle about 12" wide by 8" long. Roll up into a cylinder and place seam-side down in a parchment-paper lined loaf pan. Let these rise for 1 hour at room temperature or 8 hours in the fridge. Preheat oven to 350F, egg wash and bake for about 35 minutes, or until you reach a lovely golden color.
- Cinnamon rolls: Melt 4 ounces butter and mix with almost a cup of brown sugar. Add as much cinnamon as you like. Roll out or stretch your dough into a rectangle about 12"x8”. Spread cinnamon mixture over the dough and roll up into a log. Divide into 8 slices and place spiral-face up in a pie tin, cake pan or medium skillet. Proof for 1-2 hrs at room temp. Bake at 350o F for 25 minutes, or until you reach a lovely golden color.