Passover Macaroons: The Caramelized Version
We love the unorthodox method to make these macaroons. They’re started in a skillet and finished for just a few minutes in the oven (a good excuse to sneak in a touch of chocolate on top). You’ll get from measuring to eating in 20 minutes, so start brewing coffee before you get your ingredients out for a nice little reward.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 Egg whites 60g
- 2 Tbsp Honey 42g
- 3/4 cup Sugar 150g
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups Unsweetened shredded coconut 140g
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract or 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the egg whites, sugar, honey, salt and coconut in a medium to large skillet. Over medium heat and using a spatula or wooden spoon, stir and flip the mixture continuously until the mixture takes on an all-over golden caramel color.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the extract. Mound over parchment-paper cookie sheets. Bake for 3-4 minutes.