This refreshing dish works as an appetizer, cooling shooter or lovely, refreshing dessert on a hot day. Go for peaches that are high in acid and low in water. White peaches are lovely and floral, but the lack the firm flesh that gives this dish a smooth, velvety texture. I refer yellow peaches, high in acid and sugar, for the most robust flavor.
Put your own spin on this one- you can infuse your oil with whatever herbs inspire you! We used Drake Family Farm’s goat cheese as a lovely garnish.
- 6–8 Yellow peaches
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly ground pepper
- 3 Tbsps Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Basil leaves
- 1 Lemon
- 3 Tbsps Goat cheese, for garnish
- Pour the olive oil into a medium bowl. Mash the basil leaves in the oil and stir in the lemon. Let this stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat up a grill pan or your outdoor grill. Cut your peaches in half and brush the bottoms with a touch of oil. Place the peach halves flesh-side down on the grill until they just begin to brown. You may need to do this in stages.
- Puree your peaches in a blender and strain to remove the skins. Add the salt and pepper, taste and adjust to taste. Set aside.
- Divide the peach puree into three or four bowls. Spoon the infused oil over the soup and sprinkle a bit of your fresh goat cheese. Serve cold.
- This recipe serves 4.