Servings: 24 small cakes
Don’t let the name fool you; these simple-yet-precious little cakes are quick to make, quick to bake and disappear as soon as you turn your back. Note: butter is the star ingredient here, and you'll notice that if you're using a good, grass-fed butter, that the color of it will be a lot more vivid that conventional, grain-fed butter will as it melts. The flavor will be a bit more intense, as well- so you may want to brown a bit more than you need and save the rest to toss with your pasta tonight!Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 oz butter 85g
- 1 cup almond flour 100g
- ¾ cup plus 2 Tbs sugar 180g
- 5 Tbsp flour 40g
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 4 large egg whites
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 pint raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Thoroughly butter the insides of mini muffin tins.
- In a small sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat. Simmer the butter until it foams and you can see bits of brown flecks around the foam, turning the heat off as soon as you see the golden flecks. Watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn.
- Pour the butter into a bowl and allow to cool until warm but not hot.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sugar, flour, and salt.
- Whisk in the egg whites, extract then the brown butter.
- Fill each muffin tin almost to the top with batter.
- Press in a raspberry into each cake.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool for a few minutes before carefully removing from the tin.