Roasted Beet and Pistachio Pesto Side
Some recipes come to us out of sheet hunger and need for a break from the chocolate (only to return to our stash after said salad). We love this for its simplicity- it’s also a great way use up all the extra parsley in your garden.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 8 medium Medium beets
- 3 Tbsp Pistachios roasted
- 1 Shallot
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1 to 2 tsp Sea salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 large bunch Parsley
- 2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan
- 3 Tbsp Goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Place the beets on a cookie sheet and cover with foil. Bake until tender with a fork (about 35-50 minutes).
- Place the shallots, pistachios, olive oil, lemon juice, 1 tsp salt, parsley and parmesan in a food processor and pulse until the pistachios are fine. Place in a bowl and taste; adjust the salt and lemon juice to your liking. Stir in the goat cheese.
- Toss the beets and pesto together and serve.