Roasted Salmon with Herbed Yogurt
Chef May’s deceptively simple salmon dish will serve 4 hungry diners, but go ahead and double it to serve as an impressive main course at your next dinner party. We used Straus’s greek yogurt for the dipping sauce, but their whole milk will work as well!Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 oz Unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Thyme leaves
- ¾ cup Panko or breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper To taste
- 3 lbs Center cut salmon fillet
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Minced shallot
- 2 tsp Chopped tarragon
- 1 Tbsp Chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 325F.Melt butter in a small sauté pan over medium heat until golden brown. Add mustard, thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Add panko to pan and stir until crumbs are evenly coated with the mustard butter.
- Place salmon on a parchment lined sheet pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the top of the salmon with the mustard crumbs pressing lightly. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until crust is light brown.
- Stir together yogurt, shallot, tarragon, parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with salmon.