Sheet Pan Chicken with Lemon, Chickpeas and Olives
We make this recipe as a whole-roasted chicken version a few times a month, but with the days getting shorter (and this mama’s patience wearing thin after 6pm), the sheet-pan drumstick-or-thigh version takes a third of the time and hits the spot just the same.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 12 to 15 Chicken drumsticks or thighs bone in and skin on
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Melted butter
- 3 Lemons
- 2 lb canned Garbanzo beans *2 cans chickpeas
- 1 cup Pitted olives save the brine!
- 1 tsp Salt
- Place the oil, melted butter, 2 Tbsps of olive brine and juice of 1 lemon in a large bowl. Toss the chicken (drumsticks or thighs) to coat each piece well. Let this sit, covered for 30 minutes to one hour in the fridge.
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Slice the remaining lemons. Place the olives and chickpeas on a rimmed cookie sheet. Top with the chicken, pouring the juice they were marinating in over the pan. Add the lemon slices.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes. Season to taste.