Sheet-Pan Lemongrass Chicken
This 30-minute dinner recipe is one of our favorites! We typically make double the amount of rice and save it for the following day with the pan drippings.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 cup Cold water
- 4 Lemongrass stalks
- 1/3 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 Medium shallot finely diced
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 3 to 4 twists of a pepper mill
- 2 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp Fish sauce
- 8 Whole chicken thighs bone in and skin on
- 1 Lime zested and juiced
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1/2 tsp Honey
- Rinse the rice in cold water. Place the rice and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil with the lid on and then turn the heat down, cooking, still covered, at a simmer, for about 10 minutes. Turn the heat off and let it keep cooking with the lid on for at least 5 minutes.
- Trim the roots off the lemongrass stalks. Finely chop the lemongrass (minus the thicker outer layers). Mix these with the vegetable oil, oyster sauce, fish sauce, garlic, shallot, salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in a bag or bowl and cover with marinade. Chill overnight or while you’re at work.
- Preheat oven to 380F. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Place the thighs skin-side down on a rimmed cookie sheet. Cook for 15 minutes, uncovered. After 20 minutes, pour ¼ cup of the remaining marinade over the chicken and continue cooking for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Toss the chicken, while still warm, in the cilantro, honey and lime. Serve over rice.