We fill our homemade graham cracker crust with a silky chocolate pudding, top it with a meringue and torch to create the best riff on a s'more this Summer!Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 oz Butter 85g
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar 55g
- 1 Tbsp Honey 20g
- 1 cup All-purpose flour 125g
- 2 Tbsp Whole wheat flour 16g
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 oz Butter 28g, save for later to form graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch 30g
- 1/2 cup Sugar 100g
- 2 Egg yolks 60g
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 3 cups Whole milk 720g
- 7 oz Dark chocolate 196g
- 2 oz Butter 56g
- 5 Egg whites 100g
- 1 cup Sugar 200g
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
GRAHAM CRACKERS – makes enough for one 9" pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream the sugar, butter and honey with the paddle attachment of your stand mixer (or use softer butter and cream in a bowl with a wooden spoon). Add dry ingredients (flours, salt, and cinnamon) and mix until a dough forms.
- Roll out between two sheets of parchment paper to 1/4” thickness. Pull off the top sheet of parchment and prick the dough. Place on baking sheet and bake until darker brown on the edges.
- Once the cookies have cooled, break the large cracker into piece. Melt the 1oz butter and place the graham cracker pieces in a food processor. Pulse the crumbs until fine and slowly drizzle in the butter, adding only enough melted butter to just bind the crumbs when you squeeze in your hand (be careful reaching into the food processor)!
- Press the crumbs into your pie dish and return to the oven for about 5 minutes to crisp up the crust. Set aside while you make the pudding.
- Place the milk in a medium saucepot. Whisk in the cornstarch, sugar, yolks and salt. Turn the heat to medium low and begin whisking.
- Whisk continuously until the mixture thickens and begins to boil.
- Turn the heat off, whisk vigorously for a few more minutes and add the chocolate, stirring until the chocolate has all melted.
- Stir in the butter until melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour the pudding over the crisped crust and let cool to set (this will take a couple of hours in the fridge). Once set, make your meringue.
- Fill a medium saucepot filled 1/3 of the way with water. Place on the stove over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Turn the heat down to low.
- Place the sugar, salt and egg whites in the bowl of stand mixer. Holding the bowl over the saucepot, whisk the mixture until it feels warm to the touch
- Place the bowl on the stand mixer and beat with the whisk attachment until stiff peaks form. Add the vanilla. Spoon onto pie and torch!