Summer is starting to peek through the early June gloom here in Santa Monica, and with that comes the sweet start of peak strawberry season! We buy them by the flat for canning (and sampling) and can’t help roasting them for a candy-like treat so simple to make you’ll be able to finish in the time it takes to preheat your oven for a lovely biscuit base.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 basket ripe strawberries
- 1 recipe Biscuit dough see link above
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Pinch Cardamom optional
- Stem the strawberries (if they are ripe, cut off as little as possible- just the green leaves) and place upside down on a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake between 250F and 350 until they smell divine and look like the edges are turning darker (between 8 and 10 minutes).
- Make and bake your biscuits. When cooled for a few minutes, slice them in half and crush 3-4 strawberries between the top and bottom.
- Whip up the heavy cream (always works better when it’s cold) with a little cardamom, vanilla or heck- a splash of liqueur until whipped. Lift up the top biscuit, add a dollop of whipped cream and serve immediately with more strawberries to garnish.