You’ve attempted to pass these by at dinner parties before, but the lure of these one-bite savories is hard to resist. These quick-to-assemble mushroom bites are a breeze to assemble and make your kitchen smell divine. This recipe makes enough for 5-6 hungry guests to nosh on before dinner, so be sure to double it for a larger crowd.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 24 ounces White button mushrooms
- 1/3 lb Mild pork sausage
- 1/2 tsp Fresh thyme leaves from 4-5 sprigs
- 1/2 Medium onion finely diced
- 4 cloves Garlic finely minced
- 1/3 cup Dry white wine
- 8 ounces Cream cheese
- 1 Egg yolk
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Wipe off mushrooms. Pop out stems, reserving both parts. Chop mushroom stems finely and set aside. Brown and crumble sausage. Set aside on a plate to cool.
- Add onions and garlic to the same skillet; cook for 2 minutes over medium low heat. Pour in wine to deglaze pan, allow liquid to evaporate. Add in thyme and chopped mushroom stems, stir to cook for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set mixture aside on a plate to cool.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and egg yolk. Stir together with Parmesan cheese. Add cooled sausage and cooled mushroom stems. Stir mixture together and refrigerate for a short time to firm up. Smear mixture into the cavity of each mushroom, creating a sizable mound over the top. Top with a little more parmesan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.