Summer Corn and White Bean Salad
This salad makes the best use of leftover grilled corn from your weekend BBQ- just skip the step where you cook the corn and just cut the kernels off right into the pan before serving.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 jar Piquillo peppers
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Shallot diced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 4 Ears of corn
- 1 can Cannellini or Great Northern beans
- 1 pint Halved and roasted cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Edamame
- 1/2 lemon for juicing
- Cut the kernels off the husk into a bowl, keeping as much of the milky substance as possible. To do this, cut the end off the cob and set the corn, standing up, in the bowl. Hold your knife at a 45 degree angle, slanted downwards, and slice off the kernels so the corn milk goes into the bowl with the kernels.
- Melt butter over medium heat in saute pan. Add shallot and cook until translucent, then add garlic and cook another 30 seconds. Add the corn and cook for another 2-3 minutes, shaking the pan often.
- Add the beans, cooking them until hot. Add the peppers, edemame and roasted tomatoes. Sprinkle a half a lemon of juice, adding salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or cold.