Sweet Corn Relish
Bet you didn’t think you’d open this recipe to find pecans studded throughout it- but the toasted nuts are the perfect complement to the sweet corn and tangy brine. Serve this over rice, as a taco condiment or alongside dips at your next party. This recipe makes 2-1/2 cups of relish.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 4 Ears of corn
- 1/2 Red onion chopped
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1 cup Chopped and toasted pecans
- 4 Green onions scallions, finely minced
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp Cotija cheese
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 Hot pepper of choice if desired, seeded and finely minced
- Heat up the oil in a grill pan or brush the ears with oil if using a grill. Cook the corn on all sides until they are nice and evenly browned.
- Remove the kernels from the ear into a bowl (to catch the corn milk). Toss in remaining ingredients. Serve warm or cold.