Triple Chocolate Meltaway Cookies (GF)
These deep, rich, fudgey, melt-in-your-mouth cookies are a chocolate bombe and happen to be gluten free! Use the best chocolate and whole grain buckwheat flour you can get your hands on for this one. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Chocolate Buckwheat Cookies
- 10 oz Dark chocolate between 65% and 72%
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Yolks
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsps Cornstarch or potato starch
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Buckwheat flour
- 3 oz Milk and semis weet chocolate chopped
- 1/4 cup Chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1 Tbsp Flaked sea salt for garnish after baking
- Melt the 10 oz of dark chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave, taking care to remove the chocolate from the heat once 75% of it has melted to keep it from burning.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs, yolks and sugar on high speed until thick and tall (about 3 minutes). Pour in the chocolate and stir with a spatula until well incorporated.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, including the chopped chocolate and nuts, and fold into the egg mixture until just combined. Line a regular cookie sheet (also called a half sheet pan) with parchment paper or plastic and press the cookie dough in one even layer. Cover and chill until firm (this can keep in the freezer for months).
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cut cookies out with a round cutter or into squares. Place the cookie pucks on a clean cookie sheet lined with parchment and bake for about 8 minutes. Let them rest for at least 10 minutes before trying to pick them up, but do go ahead and sprinkle the flaked sea salt over them as they are cooling.