COVID-19 PROTOCOLS AT THE GOURMANDISE SCHOOL
Our staff is here to make your experience the best it can be and maintain a safe and clean workspace for all guests.
- All staff must wash hands with soap and warm water before every shift, after eating or drinking, after using the restroom, and often throughout their shift.
- Though vaccinated, face coverings are worn by all staff members while in the kitchen or retail space.
- No eating or drinking by the staff is allowed while in the kitchens.
Our state-of-the-art commercial style kitchens are cleaned diligently by our staff and kept to health code standards. The open floorplan makes for a well-ventilated environment with ample room for social distancing.
- Surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant every 90-minutes throughout the day when kitchens are in use.
- Dishes and utensils are washed with antibacterial soap and sanitized after each use.
- Kitchens are sanitized between each event with minimum 1 hour between groups.
- Where applicable, we are following the LA County protocols for safety and sanitation for COVID-19.
With the limitation of government regulation on proof of vaccination with regards to COVID-19, for events which are private, and for the safety of our staff and guests, for the time being, we are requiring ONE of the following:
Masks must be worn for the duration of your event while not actively eating or drinking.
- Events have a maximum guest count of 20 people per kitchen (40 total)
- In your event, guests will work in pairs
- If guests are feeling any COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days, we ask you to please stay home.
- Guests will be asked to sign a waiver prior upon arrival at the school.
- Upon arrival to the kitchen you will be guided to wash your hands and sanitize before putting on your freshly laundered apron at your station.
* All pricing is dependent on number in party and menu selection.
- Private events start at $1200 for up to 10 guests. Each additional person is an additional $95 with a maximum of 24 guests.
- A 50% deposit is due at booking based on your estimated headcount. Final headcount and balance are due 48 hours prior to your event.
|COOKING MENUS||BAKING MENUS|
Rustic Tomato Sauce
Arugula Salad w/ Lemon Vinaigrette
Berry Vanilla Pana Cotta
|COOKIES & BROWNIES |
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Brown Sugar Brownies
Handmade Potato Gnocchi
Salad with Dill Vinaigrette
|FRENCH MACARONS |
Classic Almond Shells
Red Curry Long Beans
Grilled Skewers with Chili Lime Dipping Sauce
Vegetable Pad Thai
Nun Bananas in Coconut Milk
|FRENCH BISTRO |
Steak au Poivre
Butter Lettuce Salad
Vanilla Pot De Creme
Chicken & Chive Potstickers
Pork Shu Mai
Soy Vinegar Dipping Sauce
Veggie Stir Fry
Classic Almond Cookies
White Bean Bruschetta
Arugula Salad w/ Pesto Vinaigrette
OR Tuscan Tri Tip
Gnocchi with Brown Butter Sauce
Grand Marnier Olive Oil Cake
BEER and WINE
Guests are welcome to bring their own beer or wine or grab a glass or bottle from our neighbors The Curious Palate. If you would like to have wine delivered to the school prior to your event we are happy to coordinate the delivery with you. All glassware and wine keys are provided.
ALL PARTIES OVER 20 GUESTS INCUR A $150 GRATUITY.
Parties Under 20 Guests: Gratuity is not required and is at your discretion. Our instructors and kitchen assistants work extra hard to ensure your event flows smoothly and all your needs are taken care of. We suggest $20 gratuity for each assistant and dishwasher helping your event.
Make your event extra delicious by choosing from one of our custom culinary Gift Bags for our assortment of cookware available in the store. Please let us know if you would like us to create a custom gift bag for your group.
SECURING YOUR RESERVATION
Your event date must be reserved with a 50% non-refundable deposit, with the balance due 48 hours prior to your event. Payments can be made over the phone with a credit card.
Parking for The Gourmandise School is available in Garages 7 & 8 at the Santa Monica Place Shopping Center. The first 90 minutes are free; $1 for the next hour and $2 for each additional 30 minutes, with a $20 daily maximum. Valet parking is available on 2nd Street between Colorado & Broadway.
We do not offer refunds. A final headcount is required 48 hours prior to all private events. After initial booking, a change of date is subject to a $100 change fee.
Please select menu within 10 days of booking. If you book event less than 10 days out, menu selection must be done 5 days in advance.
rev April 2021
TIMING AND DELAYS
Each 30 minutes the class is delayed by no fault of The Gourmandise School, there will be an additional charge of $100. Evening events cannot stay later than 1 hour after their scheduled end time.
Please let us know any questions you have. We look forward to hosting a memorable event for you!
The Gourmandise School
VIRTUAL PRIVATE EVENT PRICING
Private events start at $500 for up to 15 zoom accounts. Each additional zoom account is an additional $20 per account. Ingredients are not supplied. Ingredient lists and recipes are emailed to the organizer of the event once the event menu is chosen. For cooking menus, if you would like dessert included there is a $50 flat fee added. Ingredient lists and recipes are emailed to the organizer of the event once the event menu is chosen.
For cooking menus, if you would like dessert included there is a $50 flat fee added. Ingredient lists and recipes are emailed to the organizer of the event once the event menu is chosen.
RUSTIC TOMATO SAUCE
ARUGULA FENNEL CITRUS SALAD
BERRY VANILLA PANA COTTA*
HANDMADE POTATO GNOCCHI
BROWN BUTTER & SAGE SAUCE
SALAD WITH DILL VINAIGRETTE
OLIVE OIL CAKE*
|FRENCH BISTRO |
STEAK AU POIVRE
ENDIVE AND RADISH SALAD
FRENCH APPLE CAKE*
LONG BEANS WITH RED CURRY PASTE
GRILLED SKEWERS WITH CHILI LIME DIPPING SAUCE VEGETABLE PAD THAI
|CHINESE TAKEOUT |
CHICKEN & CHIVE POTSTICKERS
SOY VINEGAR DIPPING SAUCE
VEGGIE STIR FRY
CLASSIC ALMOND COOKIES*
|COOKIES & BROWNIES |
CLASSIC CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
BROWN SUGAR BROWNIES!
|FRENCH MACARONS |
CLASSIC ALMOND SHELLS