Your Thanksgiving Timeline
We’re just a week away from the big day, but don’t worry! We’ve created the ultimate to-do list to alleviate your Thanksgiving preparation stress. We will break down each necessary step to make your Thanksgiving as smooth as possible. Plus, we’ve included several recipes to aid you along the way.
Monday, November 20
Calm before the storm…
- Go over your list – do you have everything you need?
- Make sure your turkey is defrosting (if frozen)! A 20-pound turkey can take up to five days to thaw in the fridge.
- Make your pie dough.
- Set the table
- Set out all serving and baking dishes with post-it notes of what will go inside.
- Start chilling your drinks.
- SHARPEN YOUR KNIVES – Don’t forget to get your knives sharpened! Drop them off at the school by 6pm on Mondays or before 10am on Tuesdays!
Wednesday, November 22
- Assemble and refrigerate your stuffing and casseroles until you’re ready to bake on Thursday (at the same time as the turkey or once the turkey is resting).
- Peel your potatoes, cover them in cold water, and store them in the fridge.
- Bake your pies – pumpkin and pecan.
- Prep your dinner rolls before you go to bed.
- Relax! You’ve got this.
- Make sure you pull the turkey out of the fridge at least an hour before you pop it in the oven.
- Assemble your salad. We love this Fall Harvest Salad!
- Bake your dinner rolls.
- Roast the turkey.
- While the turkey is roasting, boil & mash the potatoes.
- Towards the end of the turkey roasting or while the turkey is resting, bake/heat your sides!
- Reheat your gravy.